- Our apprentice pipefitters possess the full range of knowledge required to lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for oil, steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.
- Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
- A successful candidate for this position must be willing to work out of various field construction locations throughout Alberta/ British Columbia
- Read and interpret red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&ID’s, etc.)
- Assist journeyman pipefitters with the demolition and installation of equipment, pipe and structural steel onsite
- Assemble piping and valves in module and compressor package
- Prepare pipe and fittings for tacking, hoisting, and rigging
- Hydrotest, assemble and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe to required shape
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as an apprentice Pipefitter or Welder
- Previous experience working as an apprentice in the oilfield industry
- Previous construction experience
- H2S Alive, WHIMIS, CSTS, Bear Awareness, Gas Detection, and Standard First Aid
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Capable of working with small tools
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Previous experience and ticket operating bobcats, skid steer, or zoom boom considered an asset
- Fall protection, gas monitor training, confined space, AWP trading tickets considered an asset
Who we are
- Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
- At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
- Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.