Lamont County is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Spray Truck Operator. The Spray Truck Operator will report directly to the Agricultural Fieldman. This is a seasonal position starting from April 29th to August 30th, 2019 (date may vary based on weather).
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing spray services by:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed, locating spray areas on map, operating sprayer truck, truck and side-by-side mounted spray equipment, maintaining accurate records, and creating detailed reports of herbicide applications
- Maintaining spray equipment and herbicide management by:
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment, following safe work practices and procedures, containing any spills, replacing spill kit, monitoring and servicing equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Agricultural Fieldman
- May include assisting with Weed Inspector or other Provincial Surveys
The ideal candidate will have knowledge in provincial weed control, Agricultural Pests Act, Integrated Pest Management, herbicide selection and weed identification. Education in agriculture, environmental or biology fields and background in the agricultural/environmental industry. Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet computer software would be an asset. The successful applicant shall possess good communication and public relation skills.
All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age, possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide their own reliable transportation to work. A driver’s abstract will be required prior to employment commencement. Applicants will hold a valid Alberta Pesticide Applicator’s Certification or be eligible to obtain licence or Authorized Assistant certification.
This competition will remain open until 4:00 p.m., March 22, 2019.
Job Type: Temporary
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)