The Safety and Compliance Coordinator will have the opportunity to demonstrate their previous expertise in operations and safety to join the Health and Safety team in a role that will partner with the local operational leadership and provide support and guidance for conventional operations in the Fort St. John South District. This position will allow the chosen individual to make a significant contribution in the Health and Safety department while also taking full advantage of the learning opportunities. You will have exposure to various areas of safety in conventional operations that include development operations i.e. construction, camps, drilling, completions and seismic operations so as to ensure compliance with Canadian Natural’s – Safety Management System and applicable provincial Government regulations.
This position is based in Fort St. John, BC and is eligible for:
- Relocation to Fort St. John, BC
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Provide support, assistance and guidance on safety and emergency response related matters to operations, construction, camps, drilling & completions or seismic operations
- Assist in developing, improving or upgrading work procedures
- Support with implementing and utilizing Canadian Natural’s Safety Management System
- Promote Canadian Natural’s front line driven Safety Culture
- Review incident reports, provide feedback and conduct necessary investigations as required
- Attend area safety meetings to promote a safe working environment in all field areas
- Conduct safety and compliance inspections of facilities, camps, drilling and service rigs, pipeline, construction projects and Worksite Safety Observations of service providers, consultants and operations
- Inform management and field personnel of any new Government regulations applicable to operations
- Assist and conduct risk / hazard analysis and assessments required by Government regulations
- Act as Liaison between Government officials and Canadian Natural in safety related issues
- Review with the area any updates for the safety management system, manuals or materials
- Attend pre job safety meetings and conduct periodic inspections
- Conduct emergency response exercises to ensure the area is prepared to handle emergencies
- Provide assistance in the selection and control of personal protective equipment
SAFETY AT CANADIAN NATURAL:
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
In keeping with our commitment to safety, all employees and contractors must be fit for work while on duty and be both mentally and physically able to perform job requirements safely and effectively. The use of illicit drugs and the inappropriate use of alcohol, marijuana, medications and other substances can adversely affect the safety of employees and others, job performance and the work environment.
Canadian Natural requires alcohol and drug pre-employment testing for all of our safety sensitive positions.
- Typically 5+ years of related operations and safety experience with Grade 12 or GED
- Previous experience as a field operator or tradesperson within the Oil & Gas industry is an asset
- Formal Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) education and/or any of the following designations would be an asset:
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP)
- Microsoft Office Suite
ABOUT CANADIAN NATURAL:
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Primary Location Fort St. John
Job Health and Safety