JOB SUMMARY: Work under the direction of the Crane Operator as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Assist other personnel as directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years previous experience as Roustabout
- Previous experience drilling on land rig considered an asset
- Bridgewatch Certificate considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Rigging Slinging & Banksman
- Offshore Fire Team
- Helideck Team Training
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations, banksman and slinging duties
- Carry out lifting operation duties as directed
- Maintain all equipment and perform housekeeping as instructed
- Ensure all tools and equipment are stowed appropriately at the end of each tour to avoid safety hazards for other operations
- Assist in the maintenance of the crane, rig’s machinery and equipment using correct tools and following safety procedures
- Provide assistance in the mixing of mud chemicals, pit/tank cleaning, and pump room maintenance
- Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain the unit
- Assist in the care, protection, maintenance and preparation of tubulars on the pipe deck
- Carry out helideck duties as instructed
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Monitor the environmental conditions to ensure the safety of operations on deck
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of employment will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.