Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary, and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 600 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to our team.
Under the direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, this position is to perform manual work to support construction activities and oilfield maintenance services. Please note this is also for winter work and you will be required to be outside.
- Typically, tasks may include installation of fences, pumping water, carrying construction materials, shoveling or racking soils and snow, flagging, fueling equipment, equipment watch, snow removal, hand excavation around facilities and erosion control installation.
- Shovel snow, sweep, unload, load, and relocate material as required
- Knowing job procedures and if in doubt know where to locate written work procedures.
- Knowing the location of MSDS information, and reporting procedures.
- Performing work in a safe manner that conforms to Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures.
- Performing work in a skilled and accurate manner.
- Demonstrating good judgment and the ability to think problems through.
- Performing work steadily, constantly, and efficiently without jeopardizing quality.
- Using time efficiently and efficiently.
- Improving job quality by identifying and suggesting improvements.
- Adhering to Morgan’s Personal Protective Equipment Policies (PPE) policies and practices.
- * Using all equipment effectively, economically, safely, and for its intended use.
- Conducting yourself in a professional manner.
- Notifying the Foreman or Supervisor of any equipment deficiencies.
- Performing work with co-workers in a safe, responsible, and cooperative manner.
- Performing any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and/or Foreman.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a labourer in the civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional Orientation OR OSSA BSO, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Wildlife intermediate, WHMIS 2015
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations
- Must have own Safety boots-Requirement is 8″ lace up steel toed (CSA Approved)
- Must provide a current 3 yr Driver’s abstract, as you may be required to do some driving on site.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day
- Must be able to work day or night shifts
Benefits and in-house referral program available
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Crowsnest Pass, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)