This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s drilling projects by providing various manual tasks using hand and power tools.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist with routine maintenance on the rig equipment using hand and power tools.
- Dig drainage ditches, pits and lines.
- Install motors on equipment.
- Set well equipment at well locations which includes cement pads and pumping units.
- Responsible for tie-down of pumping units and installing counter weights for balancing pumping units.
- Install and repair pipelines such as drisco, steel and PVC.
- Haul pipe and rods using truck winches and motorized lifts.
- General yard maintenance of ground and buildings.
- Safely and efficiently clean oil spills.
- Walk flow lines to locate and repair leaks, using electronic detectors and by making visual inspections.
- Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license; CDL is preferred.
- Previous work experience in the drilling industry is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
- Previous experience as a Roustabout in the drilling industry is highly preferred.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.