VIA Rail Canada Inc., a leader in passenger transportation in Canada, is currently is currently looking to fill six positions of Passenger Car Cleaner (General Worker) at our Montreal Maintenance Center in Pointe St-Charles.
As a General Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars, vacuuming and washing carpets, wiping tables and chairs, changing direction of seats, cleaning washrooms, cleaning windows (interior & exterior), draining and filling potable water reservoirs, draining waste water retention reservoirs. You must be able to work outdoors.
The positions are permanent 40 hours per week and the work schedule may vary (day, evening, night, week-end and holidays).
Hourly salary: $28.37/H
Evening shift differential: $0.75/H
Night shift differential: $1.00/H
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Professional or technical diploma in: Mechanics, Tinning, Pipe fitting or Welding (asset)
- Possess at least one year of experience as a cleaner
- Be flexible regarding work schedules
- Possess the physical capacity to do the job
- Be quality and results oriented
- Able to work in a team
- Capable of lifting weights ranging up to 23kg (50 lb)
- Possess mechanical aptitudes
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.