applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Power General Foreman. Performs preventive maintenance services and repairs on 6-kW to 1000-kW generators involving installation and removal operation of generators from locations to power generation shops, troubleshoots and rebuilds engines, alternate current (AC) systems, direct current (DC) systems, electronic control systems and other program logic controls, electrical wiring and accessories. Power Generation mechanic will be responsible for maintaining all type of power generation equipment; FG Wilson, Caterpillar, Volvo, Cummins, SDMO, AKSA, MEPs and other military design generators. Rebuilds and repair gas compressors (turbochargers) used for forced-induction of generator engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, fuel pumps, torque heads, belts and hoses. Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis. Installs specified new or reconditioned parts, makes required adjustments and reassembles complete unit. Transports and disposes properly hazardous materials to HAZMAT collection point. Moves materials and equipment to work locations and executes the work. Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities. Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Promotes teamwork and actively participates in quality improvement process. Promotes safety awareness and complies with all applicable safety procedures and regulations, performs other duties and activities as directed.
In-depth knowledge of diagnostic software FG WILSON, Electronic Service Tool, and compass would be an advantage.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have Five (5-7) years of experience working on civilian and or military style generators.
- Must possess knowledge of ability to read and understand schematics, and technical drawings.
- Must know Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Must possess a valid passport with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining.
- Must possess a home country valid driver’s license.
Must possess one of the below certifications including HAZWOPER:
- Candidates with prior Military (91D) and or LOGCAP experience in Generator Department.
- Candidates with FG Willison Technician certification.
- Candidates with Cummins Technician certification.
- Candidates with Caterpillar Technician certification.
- Candidates with 40hrs HAZWOPER – OSHA certification.
Must be fluent in English
Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Must be able to obtain NAC-IIt should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
Job – Maintenance
Primary Location – AE-Dubai.