At the LCBO, we deliver remarkable experiences as the trusted destination for the world’s wine, beers, and spirits. One of the world’s largest purchasers of beverage alcohol, we are a best-in-class, customer-first, responsible retailer and wholesaler, supporting communities and delivering value to Ontarians. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, the LCBO operates more than 660 stores, a full-service e-commerce site, over 210 agency stores for rural consumers and 5 regional warehouse facilities.
We invest in our people; they’re our greatest resource. We hire driven people we want to learn from, who want to grow their careers. The LCBO understands a great career is made up of varied days, compelling problems to solve, and human connection. We work with our employees to create a working experience that drives both the organization and the people within it forward.
Manager, Learning & Talent Development
Why will you join the LCBO Team?
LCBO is a world-class retailer and wholesaler. We’re focused on transformation, innovation and social responsibility, all with the consumer at the center of everything we do. We hire driven people who we want to learn from and we support your career growth. We understand a phenomenal career is made up of dynamic days, compelling problems to tackle, and human connection. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and encourage you to excel, let’s get together.
What’s your role about?
Are you ready to help us enhance LCBO’s organizational effectiveness? Reporting to the Director Talent Management, the Manager Learning & Talent Development leads the corporate team responsible for designing the employee experience in onboarding, learning, diversity & inclusion, and leadership development. We are transforming HR to modernize, create a great employee experience, and drive an integrated talent management strategy. If you like love developing and leading people, then this is the role for you!
What’s the role about?
Designing a positive employee experience (onboarding, learning, leadership, diversity & inclusion)
- Prepares program strategy decks aligned to HR and business strategies and designed to influence, educate and inform others
- Provides performance consulting expertise to the learning team and key partners to allow them to achieve the desired outcomes
- Reviews data and leverages technology (e.g., Workday, SharePoint, Service Now) to find opportunities for continuous improvement
Learning, Leadership & Talent Development Programs
- Collaborates with the Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Performance and Talent Management teams to ensure alignment in the integrated talent management strategy
- Designs and implements leadership and talent development programs that drive leadership capability at all levels and builds our leadership pipeline
- Creates communication and change plans for our flagship programs
- Navigates procurement policies to select the right vendor partners
- Oversees the ongoing selection, curation and marketing of online learning aligned to LCBO’s culture change, business strategy and business-as-usual activities
- Leverages technology to launch the required learning, attestations and reporting to ensure LCBO’s compliance with key legislation, policies and programs
- Builds a culture of learning at LCBO
Diversity & Inclusion
- Leads our diversity and inclusion roadmap
- Continuously grows our Respectful Workplace program to build a culture of inclusion
- Partners with the broader HR team to ensure diversity and inclusion is embedded in our strategy, programs, practices, and ways of working
- Leads a diverse learning team setting clear expectations, providing feedback and nurturing their unique talents
What will you bring to the team?
- 5 years leading and managing a Learning or Talent Management team in a corporate environment
- 10 years of progressive experience in learning, talent management or performance consulting
- University degree or college diploma in HR, learning, change, organizational development or related field or equivalent experience. A CTDP certification is an asset
- Expert knowledge of leadership development, learning and development, and performance consulting
- Superior communication abilities that engage, inspire and influence people
- An ability to develop people to be the best we can be
- Self-managed and uber-organized
- Strong project management, change management, and data analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as functional knowledge of Learning Management Systems (e.g., Workday) and authoring tools (e.g., Articulate)
Diversity and inclusion matter at the LCBO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.