Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, the Production Worker – PCR will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Fabrication department. Under the direction and guidance of the Journeyman Welder, the Production Worker will use a variety of skills and tools to produce precision parts and construct Powell Canada products.
- Assist with daily and weekly preventative maintenance of the metal working machinery.
- Move parts from one manufacturing operation to the next, according to the part routing.
- Loading and unloading of steel or other product from trucks (indoor/outdoor).
- Assist with shop and yard organization.
- Assist Brake Operators with heavy or awkward parts during braking operations.
- Assist machine operators with various tasks upon request.
- Assist Welders during weld operations.
- Remove finished parts from sheet metal skeletons.
- De-burring, grinding or finishing of metal parts using all types of air/electric grinders or sanders.
- Sort and stack parts by part number & job number combination.
- Assemble kits of parts to be welded.
- Operate pallet jack, forklift and cranes.
- Knowledge and ability to use general hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, vise grips, etc.
- On occasion, required to perform labor tasks such as painting, grinding, sanding or general cleaning tasks as directed by Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to read a tape measure (including conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fraction and metric to imperial).
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within a team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- 1-2 year metal fabrication shop experience is considered an asset.
- Safety certifications are an asset for this position.
- Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position successful candidates will undergo pre-employment substance abuse and medical testing upon hire.
- Safety sensitive position in a temperature controlled manufacturing or industrial environment with occasional outside activities.
- Required to wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety harnesses and respirators) when required.
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders (step ladders, “A” frame ladders, and all-size extension ladders).
- Working with and around loud machinery for the majority of the shift.
- Able to maintain body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner continuously.
- Continuous standing, walking 50-300 foot distances for long periods of time with only occasional sitting.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.
- Electric Utilities
- Food and Beverage
- Mining and Metals
- Oil and Gas
- Paper and Pulp
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Traction Power