We are looking for a Guest Recognition Training Manager reporting to the Director, Guest Recognition and Golden Operations based in Toronto Corporate office, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
The role supports Guest Recognition as a brand-wide strategic focus by providing operational training leadership supporting all hotels. The Guest Recognition Training Manager will work closely with the Director, Training and Implementation to discuss training updates and deployments to ensure delivery to the hotels is streamlined with other training initiatives. By using brand driven training tools, ongoing monitoring and communication to achieve desired results, and an elevated level of skill and expertise by those in the field delivering Guest Recognition, Four Seasons will continue to exceed in being the service leader in hospitality.
Key Areas of Focus
In this role, the person will be working closely with the multiple stakeholders – Corporate Guest Recognition team, the Corporate Operations team, Corporate Learning & Development, and the Operations delivery teams at the hotels.
The Guest Recognition Training Manager will focus on the following areas:
Systems Process Training
- Provide training for the Guest Recognition platform and Opera with an elevated level of skills and expertise on all aspects of reservations and profile management
- Develop and maintain training documentation for all technical aspects of the Guest Recognition platform and Opera
- Ensure the processes and systems used are maximized for efficiency and hotels have a clear understanding of how they comply with the process through training documentation.
- Monitor, measure and follow up with hotels that are not performing to the standards
Training Tools – Development and Deployment
- In conjunction with the Manager, Guest Information and Recognition to provide the tools and training to deliver on Guest Recognition in Hotel Operations and ensure the Guest Recognition Specialist role is supported.
- Manage and develop all training related materials – e-learning, hotel cheat sheets, quick reference guides etc. making it easy for hotels to deploy
- Maintain all existing training documentation and update as required to reflect UI or process changes in our Guest Recognition platform
- Ensure the Guest Recognition platform email inbox and Sharepoint site is maintained
- As best practices relating to Guest Recognition are identified to ensure they are documented and shared
- Maintain the FAQ’s relating to Guest Recognition on an on-going basis
- Develop new training documentation relating to the Guest Recognition platform when required
- Maintain and support the new openings training for the Guest Recognition platform
- Responsible to maintain the training materials for any new users of the Guest Recognition platform
- Establish a more personal approach to training by hosting webinars, onboarding orientation sessions, one on one coaching with hotel operations teams
- Follow up with non-performing hotels to understand the root cause of poor performance
- Create a two way communication platform for open dialogue, sharing best practices and continually raising the level of Guest Recognition
- Develop and send all communications relating to the Guest Recognition program
- Monitor the monthly dashboard to isolate star performers from weak ones needing more attention and follow up.
Competencies and Experience
- Excellent written communication
- Degree in Hospitality or equivalent
- Minimum two-year experience in a similar role
- In-depth hotel operational knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaboration
- Knowledge of the Four Seasons Guest Recognition Tool
- Moderate travel might be required in this role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Internal transfer applications should be completed in Workday by Monday, April 15, 2019.