Huon Aquaculture are looking for applicants to join our Zuidpool South Crew as Farm Attendants.
Huon Aquaculture are looking for applicants to join our Zuidpool South Crew as Farm Attendants. This exciting opportunity to join a small and existing crew is located near Dover and includes two smolt sites and a grow out area. These are located in Flathead Bay, Roaring beach and in Zuidpool South in the D’Entrecasteaux Channel.
As a Farm Attendant you are responsible for assisting with all net, pen and mooring set-up and maintenance, equipment installation, smolt intake, fish upsizes and the retrieving of mortalities. You will also assist with grading, preparation of fish for harvest, feed deliveries and have involvement in all other areas of Zone management as required.
Qualifications & Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- The ability to demonstrate planning and organisational skills
- A coxswains (desirable) and valid driver’s licence (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to make sound and timely decisions and work with tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a small team
- Experience in Aquaculture, Marine Farming or working on the water is desirable but not essential.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. The appointed person must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. Knowledge of work health and safety regulations is preferred.
A copy of your driver’s licence must be submitted upon application.