Want to build a career in the oilfield service industry?Drilling rig crews are generally made up of six (6) people: Rig Manager, Driller, Derrickhand,Motorhand, Floorhand, and Leasehand. Each crew works 12 hours shifts as the rig operates 24 hours per day, and each position is vital to the operation of the rig.
Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Must have valid H2S Alive ticket, Standard First Aid, eGSO, Confined Space Rescue ticket, Fall Protection ticket, and Rig Rescue ticket;
- Relevant experience of field work in the oilfield services industry. Previous experience will ideally include supervisory responsibility;
- Preferred completion of Level 2 Rig Technician, but will consider completion of Level 1 and enrollment and proven progression (hours and/or schooling) in Level 2 of the Rig Technician Apprenticeship Program or equivalent experience.
- Receives directions from the Driller and overall supervision from the Rig Manager. May also consult with or receive instructions from the oil company representative.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Assists the Driller with the monitoring of mud volumes and maintenance of equipment required for completion of the job.
- Supervises Motorhand and Floorhands.
- Perform assigned tasks safely, efficiently and within the parameters of industry regulations and Company policies;
- Observe and maintain preventative maintenance programs (and, with regard to Drilling operations, maintain proper drilling fluid characteristics, the rate of fluid circulation, pressure and mud handling equipment, monitor the mud circulating system);
- Report on mud levels and ensure adequate provision of mud supplies;
- Ensure sufficient supply of pipe on the catwalk;
- Understand the pump manifold and ensure that pump lines are secure;
- Work on and above the drilling floor, ensuring the usage of proper safety equipment (and, with regard to Drilling operations, guide drill pipe during the tripping process);
- Assign junior crew members to tasks on the rig floor as required;
- Ensure 100% tie-off on any elevated levels and understand how to close in the well if required;
- Drive mobile equipment as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant field work in the oilfield services industry: 1 year (Required)
- Reliable Transportation (Required)
- First Aid (Required)
- Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License (Required)
- H2S Alive (Required)
- English (Required)