People + Power is the focus. We are committed to creating an environment where people learn and grow, and pride ourselves on our culture by hiring and promoting the right people.
Join JATEC as a Directional Driller / Locator and build your career today with an established and growing company.
At this time we are currently seeking to fill an immediate need for long term employment. This opportunity will allow for growth and development in the Telecommunication Industry.
- Industry competitive hourly wages
- Overtime opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Will be required to use directional drill to place conduit under driveways, sidewalks and residential streets.
- Completing pre and post inspections on directional drills
- Using both hand tools and power tools to assist in directional drilling
- Ensure that the HDPE (conduit) has been buried correctly and is working up to standard for the customer.
- Must wear all necessary Personal Protective Equipment provided as job function dictates
- Must identify all unsafe working conditions and not proceed with work if it endangers the technician, other workers, customers and/or the public.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid Driver’s license, with clean abstract. 1Q or 3Q preferred, but would consider full 5.
- Minimum 1-year experience operating directional drill equipment, Vermeer, Ditch Witch and Locators. (salary based on experience)
- Previous experience using technical and diagnostic tools (cable locator, signal meter, TDR)
- Must be Physically fit and able to bend, kneel, lift (up to 65 lbs) and climb a ladder during the installation process
- Must be able to read and understand Utility locates for Water, Gas, etc.…
- Must be able to meet the Quality Standards to satisfy customer needs
- Must be able to apply due diligence ensuring accuracy in preparing and promptly completing all necessary documentations, equipment log and FLHA
- Must be able to travel within Edmonton and Area.
- Work jointly with Foreman to ensure safe drilling guidelines are met
- Follow TSSA/ policies for safe drilling
- The position is full time consisting of a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Class 5 driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Experience working with Fibre Optic installation is an asset.
- Firm understanding of underground locates.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Outdoor construction experience.
- Willing to learn.
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr@ jatec.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- Locating for directional drills: 3 years (Preferred)
- Horizontal Directional Drilling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- Ground Disturbance Level 2 (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)