Our Nisku, AB location is currently looking for a Seasonal Directional Drill Operator to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible to set up and operate a variety of drills to install underground oil & gas and utility lines.
Why Work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages!
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Connects sections of drill pipe, using hand tools and powered wrenches and tongs;
- Repairs or replaces defective parts of machinery, such as rotary drill rigs, water trucks, air compressors, and pumps, using hand tools;
- Maintains and adjusts machinery in order to ensure proper performance;
- Observes pressure gauge and moves throttles and levers to regulate pressure of tools at bottoms of boreholes;
- Monitors progress of drilling operations, and selects and changes drill bits according to the nature of strata, using hand tools;
- Maintains proper mix of mud and run mud systems, as well as runs picker and performs basket changes;
- Maintains driver logs and completes all other paperwork.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Clean 5-year driver’s abstract;
- Class 1 or 3 required;
- 2-3 years of directional drilling or drilling rig experience;
- Proven mechanical ability;
- First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive and Ground Disturbance tickets preferred.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at careers.cleanharbors.com
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ditch Witch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vermeer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Directional Drilling: 1 year (Required)
- Class 3 (Required)
- Class 1 (Preferred)