- Keep the shop and yard clean, including floors, washrooms, coffee rooms, and clean/wash bay.
- Put parts and tools away in identified storage locations.
- Assist with cleaning and working on equipment.
- Assist with getting crews ready to go out on jobs.
- Assist in the bulk plant when required.
- Complete shop checklists.
- Ensure oil changes are completed on company pickup trucks in your operation within 200 km’s of requiring it.
- Understand and assist with rigging in and rigging down units, running the bulk unit, and location clean up.
- Learn the terminologies and operation of some or all of the following equipment and components as it relates to the cementing of oil and gas wells; pumpers, dustless mixer, power sources, hydraulics, equipment with high pressure and centrifugal pumps, mixing bowl with hopper and riser hose, recording devices, fluid tanks, mixing tubs, treating iron, long joints, pups, single wing and double wing chiksans, jackknifes, cementing hose, mud hose, changeovers, rag lines, swages, nubbins, plug loading heads and manifolds and bulk handling components.
- Perform laundry duties and ensure cleaned items are put away in their designated areas.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Class 5 driver’s license (not on the graduated license program) with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Physically capable of moving/lifting heavy objects up to 23 kg., bending, standing, and climbing repeatedly for extended periods.
- Able to be on call 24 hours on a 15 days on a 6 days off rotational schedule, remaining fit for duty at all times (subject to change due to market conditions).
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Worked in a similar environment (shop and rig sites, remote locations).
- Interest in getting Class 1 driver’s license.
- Familiar with operating and maintaining equipment.
- Desire to learn.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable, and dependable.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Understands the importance of safety.
- Team player and customer service focused.
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientated.
- Previous experience in oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with rig in and rig out procedures.
- Possesses oil field tickets.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to perform maintenance on trucks