INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE AND PORT SERVICES work in unison with cruise ship representatives, coordinating a dual-branded operation to deliver a seamless journey between land and ship. We constantly look for open-minded professionals with the drive and passion to deliver our first class cruise services to clients worldwide.
We are seeking BUTCHART GARDENS TOUR SUPPORT !!
Intercruises is looking to add to our team SUPPORT TOUR GUIDES here in Victoria BC. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who enjoys spending time interacting with people from all over the world, and sharing their knowledge of Greater Victoria specifically, as well as BC and Canada in general. It is outdoor work in Victoria during the beautiful summer season from May to September. Those who apply must be outgoing and positive individuals capable of leading groups of visitors. The ability to keep people engaged throughout and contribute to their unique experience of Victoria is an essential part of the job.
- Must be able to work independently, be friendly & outgoing, and a good communicator.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and, when necessary, take command in stressful and/or awkward situations while maintaining composure and at all times being respectful and polite.
- Able to multitask, be reliable, punctual and committed to being an ambassador for life in Victoria
- Reliable, punctual, well-spoken, able to work independently,
- Friendly, engaging, able to thrive in a fast paced environment,
- Can take command of situations when necessary,
- Maintain composure in stressful situations, and able to multitask.
- Arrive on the pier before the ship and prepare for the arrival of the cruise ship passengers
- Ensure all coaches are ready, lined up and in the correct place
- Put signage on all the coaches corresponding to the dispatch sheet you will be given upon arrival on the pier.
- Brief all drivers and ensure they are adequately prepared for the tour they are giving.
- If there are other tours operating beside coach tours such as walking tours, speak with guides and make sure they have the correct signage and are located in the right area on the pier to welcome guests.
- Have the office space prepared, fill out vouchers and prepare any additional forms that drivers must take when they depart.
- Greet the tour staff off the cruise ships and get the tour participation counts from them
- Inform the drivers of their counts, and help welcome guests to the city while guiding them to the coaches.
- Help load buses, count tickets and ensure a smooth and efficient dispatch
- Once the coaches have dispatched, fill out all the necessary paperwork and record the passenger counts.
- Clean all signage off the pier
- Settle up and sign an invoice with the ship
- Prepare for the tours to return and greet each bus upon their arrival back at the pier.
- Communicate with the head office on the status of the tours as they return.
- Let the ship know all their passengers have returned and close up the office
- High School Diploma
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Basic computer skills
- Well-groomed with a friendly, outgoing demeanor and a passion for providing high-level customer service
- Fluent in the English language
- Adhere to work schedule as committed to during the hiring process
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time often the entire shift (6-8 hours)
- The applicant should have a strong sense of responsibility and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Collecting and accounting for all tickets
- Accounting for and being responsible for, every passenger while in your charge
- Providing guidance and taking control of a group while in your care
- Working well with local tourism suppliers and other staff
- Attention to safety concerns of traffic and walkways
- Any previous experience as a tour guide, or working with tourists will be taken into consideration when hiring
- All applicants will need to provide their schedule of availability when applying
- All tours require a three-hour commitment per tour; scheduling is done a month in advance
- Paid Training.