EnerCorp Sand Solutions is a private equity sponsored oilfield services company with operations in Canada and the United States. EnerCorp specializes in providing its customers sand filtration and sand management technologies / services, and custom fabrication. We are committed to delivering high quality specialty products and services, on budget, on time, and exceeding customer expectations while providing a safe and excellent working environment for our employees. EnerCorp Sand Solutions provides the largest sand management solutions rental asset base and manufacturing capabilities in North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The B-Pressure Welder helps to produce quality products by erecting, joining, cutting and repairing metal structures as dictated by work orders, blueprints, technical drawings and other specifications. Responsible for operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments. The B-Pressure Welder must be able to read and interpret pressure vessel’s and piping drawings with attention to detail to meet or exceed all customer’s expectations. Duties of this position must be performed with a clear focus on safety, quality and gratification to meet not only the satisfaction of our customers but also the core values of the company.
- Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints, designs and welding process specifications.
- Examine welds to ensure they meet industry standards
- Working knowledge of welding processes including GMAW, SMAW, MCAW, FCAW
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Follow and enforce all safety measures
- Show initiative
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Other tasks as assigned
Education, Training and Experience
- B-Pressure certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience welding on pressure vessels
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with vessel layout and fit up
- Exceptional oral and written English
Skills and Abilities
- Must perform pipe welding. The employee must be capable of rolling pipe and/or position welding.
- Efficient performance on various welding techniques (Mig, Root, Metal Core).
- Must be able to clean and inspect for defects and shapes component parts, stamping welds and heat # transfers where needed.
- Willing to move parts into position manually or by using tools, hoists or cranes.
- Must be able to complete tasks as per the direction of Supervisor/Management.
- Previous knowledge of Metallurgy, tools and equipment
- Ability to examine welds and ensure they meet industry standards
- Ensure all welds are stamped and cleaned
- Must be able to record heat numbers on all material
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
- Be physically fit/ ability to lift 50lbs
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends, as required, to meet client requirements
- Must be Safety conscious
- Able to follow proper protocol for incident reporting and emergency situations
- Willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Punctual and works with minimal supervision each day.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster yet safe ways to accomplish tasks.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.
- Have a reliable means of transportation.
- Pass the required drug screen as well as Drivers’ Abstract.
- May require work to be performed in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and
around vibration, loud noise, potential of fumes or airborne particles, and varying outdoor weather
- Maintain an “above approach” lifestyle that reflects the company’s values. Teamwork. Caring.
Integrity. Work Ethic.